Reflecting on the Sacraments: Learning God’s Non-Verbal Language
Dan Bos will be leading an Adult Education Class on the Sacraments. It will meet after church service (during the church education hour) on October 1st, 8th, 15th, & 29th.
The class will explore two of the methods God uses to communicate his grace to us and to bless us—Baptism and Lord’s Supper—officially called: “Means of Grace.” Each session will discuss both what we can understand about the sacraments and what goes beyond our understanding.
The course will have four Sessions:
- The Purpose of the Sacraments (Oct 1)
- Baptism (Oct 8)
- The Lord’s Supper (Oct 15)
- Answers to Class Participants’ Questions (Oct 29)
This will be a safe place to ask what may feel like dumb questions
- How are the sacraments ‘Means of Grace’?
- What are the sacraments ‘Signs and Seals’ of?
- How does baptism help me if I cannot even remember it?
- What is baptism supposed to do?
- How can I explain infant baptism to a Baptist?
- What if I don’t feel anything during the Lord’s Supper?
- How do I get “nourished and fed”?
- What is supposed to happen in the Lord’s Supper?
- Would my life be any different if I never celebrated the Lord’s Supper again?
Childcare will be provided during the sessions.